Interview with Seimiya Rei and Hayakawa Seira - Platinum Flash Vol.10, July 19th, 2019

Interview with Seimiya Rei and Hayakawa Seira - Platinum Flash Vol.10, July 19th, 2019
(original article : Platinum Flash Vol.10 magazine scans)



Budoukan was heated up on their debut event.
The stage play "3-Nin no Principal" was also a great success.
At the successful "Sing Out!" Single Release Commemoration Live in Yokohama Arena and 4th-Gen Independent Live as well, surely you can't take your eyes off these next generation members of Nogizaka46!

This time, we have Seimiya Rei and Hayakawa Seira! Starting from hearing their names, we're going to hear about the thoughts and memories about concerts and each others charms from this awesome duo.


Q : During the photoshoot, we can see how harmonious / intimate you are, but how's it really going between the two of you?

Seira : We're always flirting with each other (www)


Rei : In between the 4th-gens I'm pretty close with her. We visit theme parks together at times, right? Also, during individual handshake event, there are times when I got to choose outfits for Seira to wear.


Q : What kind of outfit did you choose?


Rei : Things like... putting on cat ears, deciding which hairstyle to have when using this and that kind of clothes. Also, I ensure to make her look cute.

For example, I recommend her to do a pigtail that she doesn't really like. Even so I will say "Don't say that! You're look cute in it!" (www)

Seira : Trying to look cute is embarrassing (www).
At times when I can't build up my own confidence, she will say "It's alright!". I like that side of her. Having Rei said that to me makes me happy ♡


Q : Are there times when it's the other way around?

Rei : I'm thinking of letting her choose some clothes for me. I believe what Seira choose will make me me look more mature. I don't feel so good about my choices so far.


Seira : She almost never wear anything aside from training outfits. That, or grey parka, or white knits, or things like a plain one-piece dress.


Rei : Yeah, I always wear the same stuffs all the time, right? (www)


Seira : But recently, when you got to wear the light-blue chiffon dress, I was shocked, like "Eh, is that Rei-chan?".



Q : Seems like your fashion sense must have awaken.


Rei : Now I'm starting to read fashion magazines. I tried to mimic the style of models or actresses that I like. However, I really like Seira's fashion sense. I like all of Seira's clothing.


Seira : Eee~ Next time I'll lend you some! It makes me happy to be praised directly like that. I really want to snuggle you now (www)





Q : Hayakawa-san, what do you like about Seimiya-san?


Seira : Eee~ I wonder what, but... the fact that she can directly say things that people are usually usually hesitate to talk about... I love it ♡



Q : That "Love" sounds pretty real (www)


Rei : Initially she's a big sister figure, but somehow now it's like we're on an equal footing.


Seira : I'm supposed to be 3 years older, but even so there are times that I couldn't believe it myself, like "Eee... it feels weird".


Rei : Even in between the 4th-gen members, Seira is the most solid / reliable person. Kakki~ (Kaki Haruka) is also a reliable one, but curiously she's also pretty relaxed.



Q : Since when did the two of you become good friends?


Seira : All 4th-gen members became good friends during the practice for the "Omitatekai".


Rei : Seira danced very well. I was always watching her. For the "Influencer" repertoire, I really couldn't follow the movements at all. Everyday I cried because of it. However, she (Hayakawa) managed to dance along by herself in a flash (www).

We called her Lemon-chan since she was wearing a T-shirt with lemon design. Shibata Yuna-chan said to me, "If there's something you don't understand, just look at the Lemon-girl"


Q : Hayakawa-san's dance skill is really that good?


Rei : Yes. She did practice ballet before. Her movements are so pretty.


Seira : Since the beginning, Rei is so expressive, that just by looking at her will make you attracted. That said, the truth is she really lacks confidence (www). After joining Nogizaka46, in between the lessons, where everyone gradually getting better, slowly but surely, Rei's expressiveness made me attracted to her.
On 4th-gen Live during the solo dance part, I thought "Wow, Rei became this great already!?" She has grown, and I believe there's this great aura that she has since before.


Rei : Eee! I'm happy to hear that!!




The Experience during "Principal" Stage Proved to be Useful During the 4th-Gen Independent Live


Q : On the 4th-Gen Live in Yokohama Arena, all of you really showed a great performance. Hayakawa-san is really well-aware of the cameras.


Seira : Well... I like cameras (www)


Rei : But looking at the recordings, even when we are all dancing together, she really knows where the shots are going to be taken! Certainly she's on one level above us all (www)


Seira : Isn't the camera that will have its image shown will have a red light lit up on it?


Rei : That's true, but I was so desperate to dance and sing properly, that I couldn't even sense which camera got the red light lit up...


Seira : Of course my attention will go first to the fans in front of me, but I wondered whether the fans in the backstage will get to see us. Reading the blog comments, there are some who wrote "I'm going to see the Live, even though I'll be sitting at the back of the stage".

By all means, I want to deliver the smiles to them, so I can't think of another way aside from the cameras. When I found one, I waved my hand in front of it.
Actually, I regret that during the Birthday Live I did not aware with the cameras at all. There were many instances where I got shot, but I was also pretty embarrassed at that time. I regret it now.



Q : That must be a good experience for you. Seimiya-san also, we saw how you was shining brightly on stage, but we didn't realize that your feet got injured.

Rei : When my feet got injured, honestly, I was really depressed. I was really careless back then...

Seira : Even during practice you were always crying...

Rei : The doctor said "You can make it on the D-Day". I also remembered the choreography already, however I was still not confident with myself. On the D-Day I tried my best to smile naturally (www).

Even so, it's great that before that Live I got to experience the "Principal" stage.


Q : Which means...?

Rei : I think I'm getting better to control my feelings. During the "Principal" there were times when I'm feeling down and defeated already (www). But then, when I'm not chosen, I can only say "OK, let's prepare for tomorrow!", or else I wouldn't make it up until now.
I kept on feeling impatient (to be chosen) so there's no time to be feeling down. This time as well, I'm saved by the strength to carry on.

Seira : Rei is good at encouraging. Not just to encourage herself, but she's great at encouraging others too. During the "Principal", when I was feeling down, she come to me straightly and said "It's alright!" "Don't think to much about it!". I really like her...


Q : You will just flirt whenever there's a chance (www). Well then, lastly, please tell what's your determination for the "Nationwide Summer Tour"?

Rei : Looking at the fans, I will keep in mind that I should broaden my view. During the Tour, my goal is that I can really enjoy it together with all the fans. Also, when the camera is taking shots of me, I shall give my very best smile!


Seira : Such a great smile she has (www). For me, my personal goal is to have everyone in the venues get to know me. Also, in order not to hold back our Senpai, the most important thing now is to give my very best!



Comments