Senbatsu (Seimiya Rei) - August 17th, 2021

(original blog : https://blog.nogizaka46.com/rei.seimiya/2021/08/062801.php)

Hello.
This is 4th-gen's Seimiya Rei.

As you may know, on Nogizaka Koujichuu the 28th Single Senbatsu member has been announced, in which I was chosen to be a part of it for the 3rd time in a row.

I am truly grateful about it.

This time, it feels like I was chosen as part of the Senbatsu for real, and not taking it lightly (she used a phrase which is kind of hard to interpret, but basically she wanted to say something like "it's not just about luck." or "I am really trusted with this responsibility, so I should take it seriously.").

I'm writing this blog with the intent to express my feelings to all of you, but I ended up being unsure on how I should I compose it in sentences.

If I am being unconfident about it, there are people who are giving me the chance to be here because they believe that I can. On the other hand, if I am just facing it full with confidence, there might be people who think that I get carried away.

I think all of those are correct.
I understand that a person who took up the front must be ready to receive any kind of opinions.

Because I was chosen as part of the Senbatsu, I will receive them all, carrying your thoughts and opinions with me, and must face it all a part of Nogizaka.

I've come prepared.


Through this Single, I hope I can make those who will get to see me convinced that someone like me is worthy to be in the Senbatsu.

I keep strongly in my mind that :
I want to live up to your expectations.
I want to be recognized and deemed worthy as a Nogizaka member.
I want to be a full-fledged person.

I have set 7 goals that I want to achieve through this Single. I will work to achieve each and every one of them.

I want to give my best!
Please let me show you what I can!
I will give it my all!
Looking forward for your support!


A photo in our early days. Everyone looks so young ‪(*´`)

Kakki was chosen as the center.
Having 2 members already as a center from the 4th-gen is something else.

From the beginning, she was always working hard. She's always humble and being nice. She's beautiful yet cool. A warm-hearted big sister that I really love.
I don't know whether I can help her in any ways, but even for just a little I want to support her by her side( .. )

Kakki is such a hard-worker, so I hope she will not just thinking about others around her but also taking care of herself.


With this Single, Takayama-san will be graduating.

How I want to be a person like her: someone who is deemed lovely by everyone else.
During the rehearsals on the venues for the Nationwide Summer Tour, I watched the 1st-gens doing their rehearsals from the audience seat.

They were so wonderful.
I didn't know why, but somehow my tears dropped by.
It may just be my one-sided feeling, but I really love them and will always admire them.
I hope I can do the best for my part to help Takayama-san graduate with a positive feeling in mind.


Also, along with this Single, Kakehashi Sayaka is becoming part of the Senbatsu for the first time, and in total 7 persons from the 4th-gen were chosen.

We will also be having our own juniors.
But we also think that the current 4th-gens are still lacking.

The 16 of us had a talk together about things like the responsibilities of being a professional, about how we must keeping the good image of Nogizaka, and about how we shouldn't taking it easy due to all the wonderful working condition that we are having right now.

We must not let our seniors be troubled.
All the 16 persons from the 4th-gen must be able to say that "I am a member of Nogizaka46" with all their heart.

I hope that by having our feelings united like that, this band of the 4th-generation members can be a presence which adds values to Nogizaka46.



We managed to stand here now because of all of your support.
I am always thankful to you all.

From now on, please let us continue to giving our best.


From now on and for the many years to come, we are looking forward for your continued support.



2021.8.16
Seimiya Rei

Comments