Interview with Kakehashi Sayaka - CMNOW Vol.200 - August 10th, 2019

(original content from CMNOW Magazine, Vol. 200, August 10th, 2019)



Q: We saw in your blog that you're very innovative in naming things. For instance, your dog's name is...
Nakahara Kouji! I gave that name. It's my inspiration. Ee... what is it? (www). Even so, I think I have not showed everything. I feel like I'm too quiet.

Q: We saw your overflowing enthusiasm, like when talking about about Vocaloid or Anime. Still, there's more too that?

There's more. There's still a lot more.

Q: What are you hooked up into these days?

My hobby got quiet some changes. Nowadays I'm really into chess, for example. The trigger point was when I went back from a handshake event in Kyoto, thinking "I wanna do something...". I know the rules already! I played with my big brother.

Q: You seem to get along well with your big brother!

We're going out together quite a lot. Recently, we went out to have meals and he helped me out to choose some furniture. We never have any (quarrel), I believe. Since my brother live in Tokyo, whenever I'm troubled, I could just go to him (www).


Q: It's been a year since you passed the audition, right? How are the response from the people around you, seeing you showed up in magazines and TV shows?

Whenever I showed up in blogs or "Nogizaka Under Construction", my family will contact me right away. When I go back home, I can see they're buying the magazines or CDs. At the time when I was taking the audition, they supported me, saying "You will certainly pass, so do your best!".

Q: What kind of messages would you receive?

Prideful parents talk, such as "Sayaka-chan is the cutest" (www). I will just answer will things like "thanks". Isn't it kinda embarrassing, seeing your parents like that... (www)




Q: You also got to appear in "Sapporo Ichiban WaRa~ / AsuSanpo". What's your impression about it?
The sukiyaki was delicious (www). But well, it's the first time I had a job together with Asuka-san. Instead of being nervous, it's more like I'm thinking too much whether it's okay to talk to her or not. But ever since then, I can talk a lot with her.

Q: Just now, Kanagawa-san praised you, saying "Kakehashi was so good on her segment." 

Eee... that's unexpected. I didn't even think like that. I just thought of do things naturally. Instead of just speaks out loud what I had in mind, it's more like I just let my personality out in the open, so maybe that's why how I did the MC was just like having a conversation. Thank you very much. (www)

Q: What's your childhood dream?

Having a bakery. I thought breads comes from soggy breadfruit trees who are then dried up by bakers. That's why I wanted to be a baker who will dry up those soggy breadfruits as well (www).
(note: I'm not 100% sure here, but she did mention 木の実 which is breadfruit in Japanese)

Q: Kakehashi-san likes singing, right? You kept on singing in SHOWROOMs.
I like to sing. I'm always singing. I like it ever since I was a child, but back then I could not get the pitch right. I just recently knew that my mother was worried about it. She didn't say it, but seems like she really was worried about it (www).

Q: After one year of work, has your relationship with the other members changed?

It has changed. At the beginning I was like "Uwaa, it's the members. Everyone looks so cute", but during the 3-Nin no Principal (stage play), we all got to know each others good side and bad side. Having a deeper relationship, it seems like everyone is now able to be more all out.



Q: What would you do to refresh your mind?

Reading blog comments. It's a routine for me to read them every morning and every night. On the latest blog I also keep on checking whether there are more comments coming in.

Q: In Kakehashi-san's point of view, what kind of image do you have for Hayakawa-san and Kanagawa-san?
Hayakawa is the most hard-working person in between the 4th-gens, and I think she's also a stoic person. She seems like a reliable big sister. During handshake events where everyone was meant to wear yukata, Seira helped everyone to put it on. About Kanagawa-san, doesn't she seem like the dumb one (www)? Kanagawa is the first friend I got to make (in Nogizaka46). Although she's the one who has been together with me for the longest, I can't think about anything else (www). Aa, at the venue during the audition, I thought Kanagawa is the cutest. I even ask her to give me her signature on the last day. That's how much I like her face.

Q: What kind of commercials you would like to show up in?

Eee~ just thinking about it makes me got all worked up! I wonder which kind is plausible...?

Q: Any latest commercials which impressed you the most?

I watched the Sprite and SUGAO commercials because I really like Hashimoto Kana-san. She's the most good-looking human being.

Q: What kind of job would you like to try next?

Since I like Vocaloid, I would like to have a job together with "Honey Works". I want to sing (Narumi) Mona's song. I like her naughty side.



Comments