Please Pick Me Up ♡ - Kakehashi Sayaka 23rd Single Kojin PV Full Translation

Please Pick Me Up ♡ - Kakehashi Sayaka 23rd Single Kojin PV



Well, just by a day after I released the transcription of the preview, I "somehow" managed to see the full video (´ε` ). Compared to the preview, there are some things that I fixed here, but still, there might be misses. I just skip adding images here. You should enjoy the video!

If you read my translations, you know I like to put notes, but this time I'll put footnotes instead, that I hope your flow of reading won't be interrupted.


(Blue → Ryou) (Red → Sayaka) (Black → Caption, Notes) 

Err... the differential equation is...
Sine... to the power of negative one of the root of one... minus X squared parts of... *1

Meow!

...squared parts of "Meow"... What the heck is that!

Meow!

Hee?...
"Please pick me up" by CAT...
No! It's not a cat! It's not a cat!
What... What are you doing?

I'm CAT, Meow. Will you pick me up, Meow?

(*grin) Cute... No! That's not it!
Uhh... A girl thrown away here is already a big problem...
Moreover, I cannot do things like picking up a girl! *2

No good, meow...?

Someone... some other... I hope a good person will pick you up!

Aa! Hee...
Can't be fished huh, meow...?


  The next day

"Please pick up the pen there"
Err... Soko ni aru pen wo... *3

Hirotte kudasai! *4

Correct! 10 points!
...Why though! You weren't here this morning...

Hirotte kuda~SAI! *4

...That's bad! Your pun is so low-leveled.

Then... Hirotte kuda~SAITAMA! *4

Mm! Even worse! And I'm from Chiba prefecture!

Uuu... MuzukaSHIITAKE *5

  Then, the next day

♪ Donburakokko Donburako!  *6
♪ Donburakokko Donburako! 
♪ Donburakokko Donburako! 

What is it today?

Nn! POKAN! Look! The famous Momotarou from Okayama! *7

Not me, but grandpa and grandma will pick you up!

Uuuuu...

  Then again, the next day

Hee! *8
Aa~ No choice but to go here...

I... Sayaka... if not picked up...
you... I will curse...

That's very very scary!

Pick me... up... Pick... me... up...

Aaa~!! Aaa~!! AAAAAAA~!!!!

Pick me... up...

  And then, the next day

♪ When will you notice me... I'm vexed! ♪
♪ I am waiting for you, here, always! 
♪ You said "Eh, why do you want me to?" 
♪ Because I want to be by your side, seeing your smile 
♪ Aaa~ 
♪ That's why, pick me up, pick me up, 
♪ pick me up, pick me up~~~please~~ ♡ 

(*clapping) FABULOUS!!! EXCELLENT!!! *9
But I won't pick you up...

Geez, still won't pick me up?

  And so on, the next day

Fuuh... Right! Today I will just go as fast as possible!
...
So she finally gave up?
...
Eh...? (and he read the following letter)

"I'm sorry for always trying to make you pick me up.
You always looking down while walking
that I wanted you to notice your surroundings.
I want you to know that in this world, there are still lots of interesting things."

No... It was all for me...?

"And then, the me that you didn't pick up, by coincidence picked up to the entertainment world and became an idol!
I'm Nogizaka46 4th-gen, Kakehashi Sayaka!
It was a pleasure to know you."

Saa... SAYAKAAA!!!!

Nn? Did I hear something?
...

Well, whatever!
Mmm!



Notes (finally) :
  1. I felt it's just random stuffs jumbled together, I mean who writes the root of one? >_<
  2. I find this very funny to translate, if you know what I mean...
  3. He is trying to translate the phrase from English to Japanese. Also, notice they started the theme of Puns here.
  4. I need to write these in alphabet, since the pun cannot be translated. First one is the usual "please pick me up", but it also completes the Japanese translation he's doing. Second one, she made a pun with the "SAI" part which also means Rhino (she's wearing a Rhino costume). Third one, she combined "Kudasai" with "Saitama" (a prefecture name)
  5. Simillarly, she connected "Muzukashii" (difficult) with "Shitake" (a type of mushroom). That's why she's holding a mushroom.
  6. An onomatopoeia used in the story "Momotarou", showing how the peach is flowing over the river.
  7. Well... Sayaka is from Okayama prefecture...
  8. In the scene, they put a yellow road block, written 工事中 (Under Construction), which exactly like the logo of Nogizaka46 TV Show: "Nogizaka Under Construction". This made me laughed >_<
  9. Thanks to JOELicious to find out that the second word was EXCELLENT. I really cannot catch that one. (By the way you should look into his softsub for this video)

THE END!






(Oh well... might as well put the Japanese transcription)

(青 → 諒) (赤→ 沙耶香) (黒→ 見出し) 

えと… 微分の式は…
サイン…マイナス1乗のルート1…マイナスX…2乗ぶんの…

にゃあ!

…2乗ぶんの「にゃあ」… ってなんだそれ!

にゃあ!

へええ?…
「拾ってください」 by ネコ…
いや!猫じゃない!猫じゃない!
なに… 何をしてるんですか

ネコだにゃあ。拾ってくれないか にゃあ?

(笑) かわいい… じゃなくて!
あの… こんなところに女の子が捨てられてなんて大問題だし。
もしや ボクが女の子ひ~拾うなって出来ません!

ダメかにゃあ…?

誰か… 別の… いい人に拾われてください!

ああ! へええ… 釣れないの にゃあ…?

  次の日

「Please pick up the pen there」
えと… そこにあるペンを…

拾ってください!

正解!10ポイント! …ってなんで!
朝は居なかったのに…

拾ってくだ~サイ!

… ダメです!ダジャレのレベルが低すぎます。

じゃあ~ 拾ってくだ~さいたま!

んん!もっとダメです!ボク、千葉県出身なんで!

ううう… 難しいタケ…  

  また次の日

♪ どんぶらこっこ どんぶらこ!
♪ どんぶらこっこ どんぶらこ!
♪ どんぶらこっこ どんぶらこ!

今日は何なんですか

んん!ポカン!ご存知!岡山名物 桃太郎です!

ボクじゃなくて、おじいさんとおばあさんが拾ってくれますから!

ううううう…

  またまた次の日

へええ!
ああ~やっぱこっちか…

私… 沙耶香… 拾わないと…
あなたのこと… 呪う…

めちゃくちゃ怖いんですけど!

ひろ…え… ひろ…え…

あああ~! あああ~! あああああああ~!!!!

ひろ…え…

  そのまた次の日

はああ~…

♪ いつかあなたに気付いてもらえる… 無念!
♪ 私は待ってる、ここで、ずっと… 
♪ あなたに 「ええなんでもらいたいの」 
♪ あなたの笑顔をそばでみたいから 
♪ あああ~ 
♪ だから私を拾って、拾って、拾って、
♪ 拾ってくだ~~さい~~~♡ ♪

(拍手) FABULOUS!!! EXCELLENT!!!
拾わないけど…

拾わないんかい!

  さらに次の日

ふうう… よし!今日こそビッシと行ってるぞ!
… 
やっと諦めたか
… 
ええ…?(とこの手紙を読みながら)

「いつも拾わせようとして、ごめんなさい。
あなたがいつも下を向いて歩いていたから
外の景色に気付いてもらいたかったの。
まだまだおもしろいことが、この世界にはたくさんあるんだよって。」

そんな…ボクの為に…?

「それで、あなたに拾ってもらえなかった私も
ひょんなことから芸能界に拾われて
アイドルになっちゃいました!
乃木坂46の4期生、掛橋沙耶香です!
以後、お見知りおきを!」

さあ… サヤカアアア!!!!

んん?なんか聞こえた?

まあいいか!
ッッッ!

Comments