Ito Karin Farewell Letter - Under Live May 24th, 2019

(original letter / article : https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/201905250000029.html
All images credited to nikkansports.com )




By this letter I will say it all

First of all, to my parents:
Ever since I was a child you know I am longing to be an idol. However, I kept on failing in auditions. In those times, I'm sure it was difficult to find a words to say to me, right? But even though it was somehow a late bloom, maybe I inherited good luck from Papa, that I managed to enter this great group of Nogizaka46. Live, handshake events, works, being able to have these kind of activity without a rest, all thanks to you for giving birth and raising this healthy body. As the number one fan of Itou Karin, thank you for traveling around the country together to cheer on me. To Mama, which I'm sure is crying heavily right now, wipe your tears and please watch over me as an idol until the end.


Next, to the staffs:
Thanks to the staffs who take care of each and every members, I managed to do the jobs that I wanted to do, and was able to get into Shogi as well. During Under Live, we got into a circle and had conversations. The staffs even cried and conveyed their emotions, that we also got to do our best to meet those expectations. There were times when it was hard for our body and soul, but thanks to the staffs that always created a bright mood, we can enjoy it up to this point and get the job done. Thank you very much.

Next, to the members:

To all 3rd-gens:
I'm sure getting into a well-recognized group must be hard, right? There are huge amount of songs to remember and we have generation gap also. About 1 year ago, for the first time we had Under Live together, and I was kind of worried of how it will turn out, but in just 1 year you all become very dependable. With 4th-gen's joining now, in your position as seniors, please shows the Nogizaka46 that everyone cares.

To all 1st-gens:
Although it's kind of late to say this, as a juniour I'm sorry for being too friendly. Once again I kind of surprised myself, since I never thought that we can be this close. The 1st-gen had this goal that drove them to work their best. I will always respect the 1st-gens who created this aura of Nogizaka46 that I love. Because I really love everyone, please continue as members in the next 10 years! I will be cheering on you!

To all 2nd-gens:
About 2nd-gen... At the beginning it was a different situation than what we're having now... When we had the 2nd-gen Corner in Jingu, everyone is scattered in places, fighting by each and their own. Even so, from the boundary we had that day, I feel that we can get united as one, and the love between 2nd-gens keeps getting stronger day by day. From the 14 members 2nd-gen used to have, and down to 9 members now, there are still lots of tenacious members staying, so from now on, please show your presence as 2nd-gen for more. Also, in March 28th next year, please let me hear about your one year of efforts.

And for the last one, to all the fans:
Thank you for everything up until now. In the end, I was never once chosen for Senbatsu. While I do have an attitude to not just aiming for Senbatsu, surely if I can get into Senbatsu my world will grow even more. Maybe there is a greater future ahead, that I'm not knowing yet. But even so, I can keep going on as an Under-member, since I really love Under-Live, and wanted to perform there. So without regrets, I walked through my own path, never once thinking that I'm in a sad situation. I'm proud of my life as an idol.

Being able to have my beloved Under Live in my hometown and end my idol career there, I am truly blessed. There's nothing happier than this. I realy love this job as an idol, so even though I feel really sad, this scenery today with all your smiles will always be in my heart, and with I will work hard for the next stage. For around this 6 years, thank you very much for supporting me. Together, from now on, let's cheer on Nogizaka46!

Thank you very much!



Comments