Interview with Kaki Haruka and Kakehashi Sayaka - FLASH Magazine Special 2019, Early Summer Issue, May 24th, 2019

Having the 3-Nin Principal Stage Play, the Bonds Between 4th-gens Became Stronger
(original article : FLASHスペシャル2019初夏号 magazine scans)



Q : This is the first photoshoot you two are having together. We can see that you get along really well in this gravure, but how is it going with you two, usually?

Kaki : (Kakehashi) She's like a little sister.

Kakehashi : 
I always want to have fun with Kakki~, that I'm quite attached to her (www).
Kakki~ really seems like a big sister. She even wakes me up in the morning.
"Have you wake up?!", like that (www)

Kaki : Today I also woke her up through LINE (www).
She always says "Let's go together" every time we're about to have meetings,
but there are times where she said "I just woke up..." (www).

Kakehashi : Kakki~ is a reliable person, however her unique choice of words is somewhat funny.



Q : Have you got used to the activities in Nogizaka46? In April, 4th-gens had their first stage play "3-Nin no Principal", right?

Kaki : Before that, I never did any acting. I honestly thought "I don't want to do it".
Depending on the audition result during the 1st act, only 3 out of the 11 members of 4th-gen were able to perform in the second 2nd act.
Such kind of a system we had, and I was scared of it.
"I want to get along with everyone", such thought I had while crying back then. 


Q : After you tried to act, did you have any change of mind? Both of you did play as both Romeo and Juliet, right?

Kaki : I had it twice.
She (Kakehashi) is so girly, so I think the role as Juliet suits her best.

Kakehashi : Kakki~ is so cool as Romeo, it was lovely.
The Juliet I played is somewhat a selfish one, but having Kakki~'s Romeo that somehow played with her feelings, it became a great combination.
There were also kissing scenes between Romeo and Juliet, right? (www)

Kaki : At first, everyone was shy, right?
But afterwards they did it without hesitation (www).
Also, the anxiety of not being chosen for a role somehow just went away.
Five times I challenged to get the role as Juliet, but in the end, never once I managed to make it mine.
I reflected seriously on why wasn't I chosen for that role, and I took it as a valuable experience.

Q : You must have felt a growth after the stage play ended, right?

Kakehashi : Even when I was not chosen, just by a day I managed to be tough enough mentally to let go of the thoughts. I will lose if I keep on dragging. It was a good experience, since in this idol work that I will continue from now on, there will be a lot of instances where we get to be chosen or not. And in between the course of practices and performances, we got to know each other much deeper.

Kaki : Kanagawa (Saya) bought for us matching Misanga (note : friendship bracelet, Portuguese word) with a spirit of "may everyone do their best". At first, we're like just fine about doing things ourselves, but I'm glad that with continues performances, we 4th-gens managed to change our mind to "Do our best, together".
Before the start, I felt it's really an unpleasant stage, but now I want to challenge more acting gigs. I think it's a form of growth, that I'm able to have such change in mind. Now it feels like the spirit inside the lyrics of the song "4-Ban Me no Hikari", that is given to us 4th-gens. I want to try a lot of things.

Kakehashi : From now on, we 4th-gens will run steadily. I believe those feelings are both shown in the lyrics and music video. I would be glad if you can have a listen and notice them. I really want to convey those feelings!



Comments